17 December 2010

Letter to Myself

Dear myself of 2011,

Perhaps it is too early to write a new year resolution since 1 Jan is still more than 2 weeks away. However, when you feel like writing something down, you better do so, otherwise the idea will just vanish into thin air, and it will be gone forever.

I have been doing a lot of thinking this year as I have more time to myself ever since I decided to give up a demanding full time job. By choosing suitable jobs on project basis, my financial growth has been a slower one (but this does not mean that I was making a lot of money before this!). I would like to express my gratitude to my beloved husband, who has supported me all this while, without grievances, not even once. Although to him, taking care of his wife is the natural duty of a husband, it is still not a common scene in today's society, especially when in most of the family, both husband and wife need to work just to maintain the basic expenses of the family.   Here, I wish that his generousity and compassion will bring him more prosperity in the coming years.

In terms of physical health, I feel heathier and fitter. Hiking up a hill or jogging for 4-5 km is no longer something difficult. For this, I thank myself for committing diligently to the frequent cardio and yoga practice. This year, home cook food has been a routine. Although not yet a full time vegetarian, I have managed to cut down the intake of meat tremendously. A fact worth celebrating is I have also not layed a finger on any fast food (McD, KFC, Burger King ......) for one whole year.  Even though it is still a long way for me to recover from hormonal imbalance, but I have managed to shed off a few kilos compared to those days when I constantly put on at least 1 kg on monthly basis, despite eating very small portion of meal and regular exercise.

All this while, I have been telling people that I am a Buddhist and I share buddha's teaching verbally whenever there is a discussion about religion. However, Buddha's teaching remains superficial when it comes to daily application in my life. This year, I have been analysing and exploring. Finally I realize that my life would have been easier especially in handling the ups and downs of emotion and stress if I had complained less and sincerely practise Buddha's teaching in life. 

So, I would like to make a wish here to practise Buddha's wisdom in my daily life from now onwards. Buddha is not God. His duty is not to create or to watch your actions and punish you when you did something wrong. What is right or wrong would be simply guarded by the universal law of karma. So, you are the person who are responsible to watch over your own actions. It is not Buddha's duty to watch, to punish or to compliment you. Buddha only passed down his everlasting wisdom that help you to mitigate your sufferings in life. 

To feel happiness and content, there is no other way than practicing random acts of kindness. When you give, you get; when you demand, you destroy.

Don't look back or look forward, live life at the moment.
Life is what's happening when we are busy making other plans.

Spiritual health and physical health are interrelated. Thus, your mind affects your body.

This year is about recuperating, thinking and clarifying thoughts. The brand new year will be about execution.

But remember, you can create but you cannot control. Do your best and accept the outcomes.

Ready? Just go!

Happy New Year.


Yours sincerely,
Myself of 2010
  

1 comment:

  1. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is a National level Board of Education in India for Public and Private Schools, CBSE 1st Class Text books Controlled and Managed by Union Government of India, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Primary School Syllabus Start in Month of July.

    ReplyDelete